Every family wants a more secure home. Every family deserves one as well. Here is a list of tips to make your house more secure. This list will include safety products you can install with tools and little things that only require a brain to install. Sit back, relax and may the safeness be with you.
PRODUCTS TO INSTALL
1. Quality Lock-set: We usually don’t think about updating our lock-set. By updating your lockset and buying a quality, one will not only ward off intruders but will make your home more sleek and elegant.
2. Deadbolts: Deadbolts keep you safe from inside your home.
3. Peepholes: Installing a peephole will ensure you always know who’s at the door every time.
4. Keyed Sash Locks: Keyed Sash Locks are sure to delay and hopefully keep thieves from getting in. They replace your old window and patio door latches for a better window and patio door lock.
5. Low Voltage Lights: Installing low voltage lights to the exterior of your home will help illuminate your yard and potentially ward off unwanted visitors.
6. Security Cameras: Security cameras allow you to be able to see what’s going on around your home when you aren’t home or even when you’re just inside enjoying your favorite show and don’t want to be bothered to check what that strange noise was outside…..we’ve all been there.
THINGS YOU DON’T NEED TO INSTALL
1. Locking all doors and windows: This seems obvious, but most of us don’t lock up when we leave or before we go to sleep.
2. The illusion is essential: Creating the illusion that nobody is home when there isn’t is going to keep intruders far away. Keep the TV on, or keep your lights on in one room.
3. Network with your neighbors: Talking to your friends will help you get a better grasp of your neighborhood, but they can call the police if they notice something strange in your home. And maybe you’ll make a new friend as well, you never know.